Tuesday, November 30, 2010

11-23-10 Day two in Mexico

Tuesday – 11/23/10
Photos: http://silverserenity.shutterfly.com/2637
  All photos for Mexico, Yuma and Pilot Knob are at the link above
Day two of dental work.

I had an 8:30am appointment with Manuela. We got up early, showered and headed for the Q. On Tuesday’s they offer breakfast and lunch buffet’s at buy-one-get-one. The breakfast is $7.99 and the buffet is wonderful. One area is for made-to-order omelets. Another area is a spread of fruits and yogurts. Another serving area if for pancakes, French toast, crepes, blitz’s, etc. Another area tempts you with a multitude of meats and eggs in both American and Mexican styles. And it continues…….. This is a great treat even though I was really sore this morning.

Manuela numbed me up again and removed the temporary fillings. After I was numb, she told me that if I felt anything she did to let her know. I shouldn’t be even the least bit uncomfortable. Several times she asked if I could feel this or that. If I could, then she would numb it more. She then took the impressions and apologized if I was uncomfortable at all.

There is something slightly different in the Novocain they use here. While I was numb to the tip of my nose, it wasn’t the same as in the US. I didn’t feel huge and swollen. I didn’t feel like I couldn’t move my mouth to talk. But, I was numb. As the numb starts to wear off there was a somewhat similar feeling of tingling but nothing like the US Novocain. This is much better. And the dentists really want you to experience the work as painlessly as possible.

After the impressions were taken she put two temporary teeth back in place and told me to be back at 12:30pm to have the post put in place. If this was done in the US it would have taken a week.

We went to the town square and watched tourists wander past and watched them purchase things from the vendors. Knowing this would be a long day, we had brought a lunch with us. The sunshine felt good as we sat on the bench.

In the town square a couple of massage therapists had set up under a canopy to work on customers. Three adjoining vendors sold lanterns, rocks and plates that were spray painted on the spot. If you brought in something, they would paint that. They even had photos of paintings on mobile scooters and digital TV dishes.

Time is up and back to Manuela. The permanent posts are put in and now to go back to Janira for her to finish up.

For curious minds…. The cost of the root canals and metal posts were $250 each for a total of $500.

Janira tried to start shaping the metal posts and supports that Manuela had just put in but with any pressure I was in pain. She thought it best to continue taking the meds and come in tomorrow for her to start. Janira glued in my 2 temporary caps and gave me an appointment for the next day.

The rest of the day was pretty much the same as yesterday.

We’ll see what happens tomorrow………

No comments:

Post a Comment