Thursday, February 18, 2010

Santa

2/18/10 Thursday
We got up early and headed to the Hot Spring. After coffee and a fast snack it was still almost 8:30am before we got there. Hey, what can I say – such is the life when out boondocking?!

Every time we go it seems that we meet different people. Two days ago Thomas met a man who works as a Santa during December. He told Thomas that there is more money in being a “Real” Santa which means having the natural white hair and full beard. For the kind of money he says he makes as a Real Santa, Thomas thought he might be able to even like Christmas. I don’t hold my breath and don’t think Thomas will be signing up for Santa School anytime soon.

Back at our camping area, we made breakfast and cleaned up. I’m gonna wash up some clothes (in a bucket.) Maybe this afternoon we will ride into town and find the library where I can update again.

Still no word on how the goats are behaving.

When we were in Mittry Lake I started crocheting a fruit basket for the counter. We had fruits in small bags sitting on the counter and needed something that would contain it all. The basket is made from Wal-Mart bags that were cut into strips. After the trip to the produce stand when leaving Mittry Lake, it really came in handy and everything we bought fit into it very nicely. I have included a photo of it but about ½ of the fruit has already been eaten.

Talk to you again soon…….
As you can see, we made it into town and are updating………

1 comment:

  1. Thomas as Santa... okay I guess he could be an awesome New Age/ Zen Santa. It could happen, but with packgoats instead of reindeer! That works for me!

    -Wendy Hannum
    Secret Creek Farm
    SE Ohio
    *see our FB page titled: Ohio Regional Packgoat Rendezvous

    ReplyDelete